Are you a versatile, administrative professional that is enthusiastic about supporting a social enterprise that works in fifteen African countries? We are looking for an Office Manager (16-24 hours/week), based in the Netherlands.
Crosswise Works (CWW) is a social enterprise that has existed for 7 years. We support entrepreneurs and build enterprises in emerging economies in Africa. Important themes in our work are entrepreneurship development, partnership building and access to finance. We manage large development programs but also deliver consultancy services. We are fast, flexible and lean. We cherish proven methods but also like to try out new tools. And we never work alone. Partnerships are very important to us.
From being a small startup we have grown to nine staff members and 15 partnerships across the African continent. Our organization structure is flat and dynamic, operating on principles of self-organization (Holacracy). Our internal operation drives on people with clearly assigned roles that provide high degrees of professional autonomy and promotes mutual trust.
What you'll be doing
The Office Manager holds a supportive position in all that relates to admin and facilities of CWW as an organisation. He/She is actively engaged in the delivery of activities in the context of HR, finance and organisational administrative matters.
The Office Manager supports the board and all staff with accurate, useful and timely back-office support. He/she picks up the many smaller tasks that make sure pre-conditions are met for people to work comfortably at CWW.
The main result areas are:
- Organizing payment authorizations and take care of (international) payments
- Absence registration
- Updating HR contracts
- Transferring HR changes in salary administration
- Keeping CWW systems and administration up to date
- Taking care of office supplies
- Procurement office contracts
- Managing insurance contracts
- Maintaining time-writing system and providing management information on time-writing
What experience you'll be bringing
- Proven secretarial/admin support experience
- Understanding of basic finance principles
- Affinity with financial processes
- Knowledge of administrative systems
- Understanding of dynamics within a small organisation
- Skills to communicate accurately, timely and constructively
- Working language skills in English
- Excellent language skills in Dutch
- (Logistical) problem solving and organisation skills
- Talent areas: easy to connect and engage with, pragmatic, proactive.
What we can offer you
- A diverse and meaningful job, indirectly contributing to social economic development in Africa;
- A contract that preferably starts as soon as possible;
- Possibly an extension of areas of work, responsibilities and/or hours depending on your skillset, ambitions and (financial) possibilities of the organisation
- A gross salary based upon education, skills and experience, within the context of CWW Profile and Salary Scales of Organisation Officer or Office Admin Support
- Good secondary employment conditions: we provide travel allowance, and 28 vacation days (based on full-time employment). Pension provision is however not provided;
- A dynamic learning organisation, always in motion, working according to Holacracy principles;
- We work 50% online and 50% in our Amsterdam office (next to Bijlmer Station).
- Send a motivation letter with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Candidacies will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the vacancy closes when a sufficient number of applicants have been received. We advise you to submit your application as soon as possible.
- Correspondence on your application and interviews will follow in the second half of August 2022.
- We are dedicated to creating an environment that celebrates and embraces individuals who reflect the diversity of the world we live in. Given the current composition of our team, we encourage male and/or LGBTQI candidates and candidates with a migration or displacement background to apply.
- Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.