Are you passionate about contributing to the success of entrepreneurs in Africa? We are looking for an experienced project manager (32 hours/week).
Crosswise Works focuses on stimulating entrepreneurship and employment in emerging economies (particularly in Africa), to accelerate international sustainable development. Important themes in our work are entrepreneurship, financial inclusion, innovation,circular economy and agriculture. We tackle these themes with young people in particular. We are fast, flexible and lean. We cherish proven methods but also like to try out new stuff. And we never work alone. Partnerships are very important to us.
We have developed a successful approach to creating jobs, combining a number of elements, such as employability training for young people on the job market, incubators for startups, crowdfunding for start-up capital, partnerships with local companies, accelerators for the most successful startups, coaching for entrepreneurs, network support for local hubs of entrepreneurs and strengthening an entrepreneurial climate. We use this approach in The Next Economy, in which we collaborate with multiple parties such as SOS Children’s Villages (lead organisation), and implementing partners such as crowdfunding tech partner GoodUp, and local hubs in Nigeria, Mali, Somalia and Somaliland. For more info: https://next-economy.com/en.
We are looking for a new colleague with extensive experience in the field programme management and entrepreneurship. Someone who knows all the ins and outs of running a multi-year program in a consortium and is able to manage an international team and a variety of stakeholders. You have a deep interest in activating entrepreneurs, are happy to manage a team, a project, a budget and write a report. You have a talent to oversee, facilitate and inspire people to take the next step.
What You'll Be Doing
Manage The Next Economy, this entails;
- Manage budgets and be accountable in cooperation with our Finance Manager for Q3 quarterly reporting on outputs & outcomes (budget €1 million a year);
- Strengthening the collaboration with our Dutch and International partners in 4 countries / 6 locations in country meetings, annual meeting and individual check-ins;
- Teamwork, capacity and performance support of 3 staff members and 2 associates in the The Next Economy;
- Support and keep check of results with team members working on 1) Crowdfunding Research, 2) Gender Innovations and 3) the Learning Agenda.
- Roll out of the new business incubation curriculum with implementing partners by organizing, coordinating and monitoring the process of training of trainers.
- Represent The Next Economy to other partnerships and potential partners.
- If the Covid-19 measures in-country allow it, business trips are part of the job.
What Your Are Bringing
- At least a Master degree in a relevant field (i.e. international development, anthropology, social science);
- Experience with being the end responsible of large international program in the field of entrepreneurship;
- Network and work experience on the African continent;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Professional working proficiency (writing and speaking) in Dutch, English and ideally French;
- You're living in the Netherlands (preferably the ‘Randstad’) and are allowed to work here.
What Can We Offer You?
- A challenging job, contributing to sustainable development;
- A gross salary of €3900 (based on full time employment), several secondary employment conditions but no pension provision;
- Your contract will be for a five months period;
- Support from a team of ambitious colleagues, but also the freedom to do it “your way” and to try out new things;
- An organisation in motion, with a flat hierarchy and with regard for personal ambitions and development;
- Due to Covid-19 restrictions we work mostly online, when measures allow it we will return to our Amsterdam office at maximum 50% of our work week.
Does this sound like a perfect fit?
Send a cover letter with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before Monday June 28th, 10AM. We encourage your motivation letter to include a fun anecdote. Only candidates who meet the requirements of the position will be shortlisted and notified before July 5th. First interviews will be planned in week 28.
We are committed to creating an equitable, diverse and inclusive work space. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.